for sale - 10 bourke street, north wollongong
$1,950,000 - $2,145,000
Open for Inspection: By Appointment
North Beach location – Renovate or Redevelop
This robust example of the 1950s architecture is first time offered for sale in 55 years. Wrapped up in the memorable period features and the unique details of the era in mostly original condition, this home is a marvel.
Step inside to be welcomed by wide halls, high ceilings with beautiful cornices and original sash windows. The living room is the best reflection of the period, with feature fireplace and decorative details. Only the kitchen has been sympathetically updated to provide all the modern comforts.
The north facing back yard is level and usable. There is a double garage, two carports and a number of open car spaces, as well as a man cave that could easily be converted to a granny flat.
Transport is taken care of, with the Free Gong Shuttle running every 10 to 20 minutes. The service operates in both directions on a loop from Wollongong Station to Wollongong University via Wollongong Hospital, Burelli Street and the Innovation Campus. North Wollongong train station is only 10 minutes walk away.
Enjoy an easy access to Blue Mile Pathway, recently completed multimillion dollar construction project. Stretching from Stuart Park in the north to Wollongong Golf Club in the south, Blue Mile is an iconic and much-loved section of the coastline. Boasting spectacular views, beaches, parks, shared pathways and outdoor cafes and entertainment spaces, this precinct is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. It also provides access to the beach and Continental pools.
This home is just a short stroll from North Beach and Stuart Park, and all the fabulous eateries and cafes surrounding this wonderful and most exclusive destination in the Illawarra.
It is one of the last few remaining and tightly held original homes in this sought after location, so seize this opportunity to secure it’s potential, and the wonderful lifestyle that goes with it.
Whether you are looking for a main home or a holiday home, downsizing or investing, this property meets all the criterion of the most selective buyer.
There are a number of options to consider:
1. Buy as a family home. If you are retired and downsizing, all you need to do is renovate. If you have a growing family, add a second storey extension.
2. Buy as a holiday home. With minimum improvements you can convert it into a comfortable beach home, to operate as a profitable holiday let or Air B&B when not in use.
3. Buy as investment, with future potential to redevelop. By utilizing the house and the outbuildings, this home will make a very profitable permanent rental for university students.
4. Buy to knock down and redevelop into a luxury duplex (STCA). This seems to be a popular choice in the neighbourhood, see property next door.
· Reverse cycle air conditioning in most rooms
· Ensuite bathroom to one of the bedrooms
· Original timber floors under carpets
· Original period light fittings and decorative features
· Laundry with shower and separate toilet under the house
· Double garage with workshop and two carports + off street parking for a few cars
· Separate studio/man cave with potential for additional accommodation
· Under house storage
· Fully fenced
· Excellent rental potential to university students
Property Type: House
Garage Spaces: 2
Carport Spaces: 2
Land size: 667 sqm
Zoning: R1 - General Residential
EMAIL AGENT ABOUT 10 Bourke Street, North Wollongong